Bible Worker Training
If you have a burden to effectively share the gospel of Jesus Christ with those around you, and to be used of God, then the Orchard Bible Worker Training is for you. In cooperation with the Holy Spirit you will be trained and equipped to gain decisions for Jesus Christ, through one on one personal bible studies and leading small groups. You will become an agent of change to strengthen God’s kingdom in Melbourne.
If you are interested please click here, giving as much detail as you can about yourself as it would apply to Bible work in the Melbourne CBD. For more information please keep reading.
THE BIBLE WORKER (Age is no Barrier)
A well-balanced work can be carried on best when a training school for Bible workers is in progress. While the public meetings are being held, connected with this training school or city mission should be experienced laborers of deep spiritual understanding, who can give the Bible workers daily instruction, and who can also unite wholeheartedly in the general public effort being put forth. And as men and women are converted to the truth, those standing at the head of the city mission should, with much prayer, show these new converts how to experience the power of the truth in their lives. This united effort on the part of all the workers would be as a nail driven in a sure place.–Testimonies, Vol. 9, p. 111, 112.
What is a Bible Worker?
Bible workers bring the Gospel of salvation to people. They seek out people who are ready to listen; they open the Scriptures to them, and lead them to Jesus and a saving knowledge of the truth. To this end Bible workers are equipped and trained in personal evangelism methods including door-knocking, leading cell groups, finding interests, following up new interests, effective visitation, giving Bible studies, making appeals and securing decisions.
Ideal qualities of a Bible worker
- A love of the Word – Just as you will be leading others to the Bible, so you must be a student, ever increasing in a knowledge of the Word, a worker that needs not to be ashamed.
- Prayerful –The further someone engages in opposition with the enemy, the greater the need to depend on divine aid. An effective Bible worker is one who is constant in prayer, pleading with heaven for himself and those he seeks to save. It is a part of the daily routine that commences each day to empower us as we go into the world.
- A positive, cheerful, willing attitude – The ministry is for those who have energy and boldness, and believe that the Lord has a plan for their lives. Cultivate the right attitude, and your contacts will respond positively, and your peers will be encouraged by it.
- A life which reflects Christ in all its aspects – We lead people to Jesus, not only by the doctrines we teach, but also as they see His image in our lifestyle. Your choices and habits relating to your health, entertainment, dress, conversation, etc. should be directed by God’s values.
- Faithfulness, self-motivation and proactivity – A Bible worker will be faithful in the discharge of his or her duties, be self-motivated, will work without instruction and proactive, and use their initiative as the situation arises.
- Good organization, presentation and time management skills – Bible workers will be well organized, for you are ambassadors of Christ.
- Good social skills, and the ability to relate to and befriend people – Bible work is highly relational. It is much more than a teaching role; your success depends on your ability to reach the heart. Are you the type of person that will meet, mingle with and make friends with people?
- Willingness to work in a team, teachable – As a Bible Worker involved in the Melbourne City Church plant you will be a team member, working closely with other Bible workers. You’ll need to be able to share ideas and strategies, adopt and carry others’ visions and strategies, accept correction and instruction, and be accountable.
- Driver’s license not essential – Some of a Bible worker’s day is spent travelling, and a good Bible worker cannot be constantly dependent on others’ availability and generosity to get from one location to another, you need to be independent.